Monday, March 5, 2012

A Slew of Birthday Commentary

I'll be posting these as they occur while they're fresh in my mind.
Enjoy.



She sure is in rare form today. 
As I was taking the following pictures, she yells:
Grammy: Get off that phone while you're workin' with me!
Emilee: Ok ok ok!
Grammy: I know it can't be important 'cause you don't have a job!
(Ouch, burn. Thanks Gram.)
But it's not every day Grammy has a butcher knife in her hands. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to document this near amputee moment that might have been.
This was a fancy hat and jar of wine away from turning into a dangerous My Drunk Kitchen episode.
(Hi @harto.) Find out more about MDK here. You're welcome.




[Driving to the foot doctor.]
Grammy: I thought you'd be up early making me an omelette for my birthday.
(Naturally, because that's expected of me.)
Emilee: I couldn't sleep last night. I was up til 3am applying for jobs.
Grammy: Oh jeez. Where at?
Emilee: Philly.
Grammy: Oh THAT town.
(What? 10 second pause for shock and awe. Or rather, lack thereof because unfortunately I'm used to these kinds of reactions.)
Grammy: This is the warmest coat I own.

I can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @emilee_with2Es